Wednesday, August 3, 2016
6:00 p.m. during the Schuylkill County Fair
- Contest to be held on Wed., August 3 at 6:00 p.m. Exhibitor must have product in place and ready to serve judges by 6:15 p.m.
- Contest to be held under the south overhang of the Main Exhibit Hall and is open to both Adult (19+) and Youth (under 18).
- Registration deadline is July 30, Entry Day.
- Two classes for this contest. Adult is to prepare a soup and a Youth is to prepare a quick bread.
- Each exhibitor must provide their own ingredients and cookware to serve. The Fair will only provide a table and electrical hook up. Recipe must provide a family‐sized serving.
- This contest showcases Schuylkill Grown Products. The entry must have at least three (3) Schuylkill Grown ingredients that are either grown by the exhibitor or purchased from a Schuylkill County Grower.
- A recipe must be included with product highlighting the three Schuylkill Grown ingredients.
- A list of Schuylkill Grown providers can be found on the Fair’s website at www.schuylkillfair.com/vendors and listed as “Schuylkill Grown.”
- A panel of judges will determine the winner based upon taste and presentation. Additional points will be awarded for each Schuylkill Grown ingredient above the number 3.
- Premiums: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize package of Schuylkill Grown products. Top 5 participants receive a Schuylkill Grown t‐shirt.
- To register, contact Missy Seigfried at 570.622.3742 ext. 111 or email@example.com
This is a project of the Agribu siness Committee of the Schuylkill Chamber of Commerce.